Monday, December 3, 2012

Book and Bookish

Had a rough weekend with the ol' chronic spine disease, so here's what you get today. First, an article I think any writer and/or avid reader will enjoy. It's by Jeff O'Neal and Rebecca Joines Schinsky.
Over It: Bookish Conversations We Never Want to Hear Again

Plus my Goodreads review, having finished The Sign of the Four, has been posted. I'll copy it here for convenience, though I highly recommend joining Goodreads (it's free and no, I don't get any kickbacks for recommending them. I simply and genuinely like them.) If you do, please say hi and link up with me so I can peer in on what you're reading. Anyway, my review:

Slower and less clever than I'd hoped. Of course, the hype surrounding A.C.D. may have something to do with my disappointment. The end was much better than the beginning and middle, since I felt Mr. Watson was underused in the earlier parts and I have a burning crush on the doctor. I gave this three stars because, ultimately, it's still a good story, and I probably would have rated it higher if I didn't know that it was written by who it was, about those whom it was. I'm not sure how you would disguise a book in that manner, but I'm sure Sherlock Holmes would.

Looking forward to the next in the series.


I'd love to hear your opinion if you've read this book and/or the series. Feel free to go to town on my comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment